Frequently Asked Questions
Teams are recommended to check this page frequently for updates.
If you have a question that is not listed here, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1a) What is the required team size?
FIRST LEGO League Jr Singapore allows up to a maximum of 5 members per team.
1b) What will be an eligible age to take part in FIRST LEGO League Junior?
Only children born between 2011 to 2014 are eligible to participate in the upcoming FIRST LEGO League Junior 2019/2020 – Boom Town Build.
1c) How will the child’s date of birth be verified by the organisers?
Duck Learning (the organiser) will only collect information on the following: Name of child, Date of birth and Gender with optional email addresses (in case parents would like to be included in communications).
2a) What is a Show Me Poster?
The Show Me Poster requires teams to illustrate their research and team journey. It provides an opportunity for them to share what they studied, what they learned, and to show information about the team and each team member.
- A Show Me Poster can be created using a flat poster board or tri-fold presentation board.
- Use words, drawings, photos, and small objects to tell about what they have learned during their Challenge research.
- Show where they hunted for answers and describe the people they spoke with on their journey.
- Describe their Model.
- Share about the team itself.
2b) What is considered a Model?
The Model gets teams moving! Teams build a representation of what they are researching, based on the Challenge.
- Teams design a Model made of LEGO® parts. Teams are provided with the Inspire Set, which was created just for FIRST LEGO League Jr. teams. It contains 700+ LEGO elements, including those needed to build the exclusive Inspire Model.
- Teams must use LEGO Education WeDo 2.0 or WeDO to build and program.
- Teams need to use their imagination as they design and build. Be creative!