JUDGING AND AWARDS
- Core Values
- Robot Design
The Core Values Poster and the Robot Design Executive Summary are additional tools that may be used to help facilitate discussion in the Core Values and Robot Design Judging sessions at official events. Teams will be informed prior to the tournament date if it is compulsory for them to provide the Poster and Executive Summary.
Sample Rubrics (updated 1 August, 2019)
- Teams must participate in all elements of a FIRST LEGO League competition including the Robot Game and all three judged areas in order to be eligible for any Core Award
- Judges use the rubrics to help them determine which teams will receive awards
- With the exception of the Robot Performance Award, awards are determined by a deliberation process, which is formulated around discussions of team performance in each category.
- If a team does not exhibit Core Values at a tournament, they may be disqualified from winning any awards – including Robot Performance, no matter how well they scored.
- Adults are strictly prohibited from directing team members or interfering with the judging process or robot rounds in any way.
- No team is allowed to win two awards, unless one of the awards is for Robot Performance. Robot Performance is the only category based solely on score.
- While they may attend other events for fun, teams are only eligible to win awards at the first official event of each qualifying level attended during the season.